Congratulations to all who competed at the TREC GB National Championships 2021 at Brynllewelyn, Llanllwni, Pencader. The results from the weekend are as follows:
Level 2 Individual Champion 2021: Vicky Rothwell (Pickle Pie)
Level 2 Pairs Champions 2021: Kay Kitson (Skelton Tara) & Wendy Neath (Rocco)
Level 2A Individual Champion 2021: Joanna Lowes (Motto)
Level 2A Pairs Champions 2021: Helen Halpin (Shambo Hazel Nut) & Julie Brand (Orla)
Level 3 Individual Champion 2021: Vanessa Warren (Flash Shadow)
Level 3 Pairs Champions 2021: Kirsty Adams (Randalstown Guinness) & Eleanor Prescott (Raiden)
Level 4 Champion 2021: Kate Gillam (Lily Langtree)
Nations Cup: England
Team Challenge: Red Kite Newbies – Joanna Lowes, Anne Thomas, Lesley Lewis, Laura Barnes
Lucky Jim Highest PTV – Cressy Murphy
Daniel Nolan Highest POR Score Level 2 – Lesley Lewis
Daniel Nolan Highest POR Score Level 2A – Joanna Lowes
Daniel Nolan Highest POR Score Level 3 – Vannesa Warren
Daniel Nolan HIghest POR Score Level 4 – Kate Gillam
Mairi Howat Trophy (Highest placed Veteran) – Second Edition (Dave Rogerson)
Jane Goldbart Trophy (Best Condition) – Mara (Owned by Kate Gillam, Ridden by Caroline Brammer)
Thank you to all who competed or volunteered to help at this year’s Championships.
Full Results for the National Championships 2021:
TREC GB National Championships 2021 – Qualification Criteria
This year, we are pleased to announce that the National Championships will be run as an ‘open’ Championships with only the following entry criteria:
- To be “qualified”, both Individual and Pairs riders (riding as that established pair) must have completed, as TREC GB Red or Blue members, a full 3 phase TREC competition at that level since the beginning of 2019.
- A qualified rider (or pair) may choose to enter at a competition level below that which they have successfully completed.
Riders who qualify using the above criteria (i.e. individuals or established pairs) will have a priority entry over any who enter under any other agreed criteria. These riders will be able to enter from 1st July 2021.
- Any rider who has fulfilled the qualification criteria (in 1 and 2, above) may pair with any other rider who has also met these qualification criteria, even if they have never ridden together before, to form a ‘scratch pair’ for the Championships.
- If the scratch pair are from different levels and wish to enter at the higher level, the rider at the higher level must have completed 2 full TREC competitions at the level at which they wish to enter.
- As there will be no Grassroots Championships in 2021, a new or level 1 rider may compete at the National Championships for 2021 but only as part of a pair. The other member of the pair MUST have completed 2 full TREC competitions at (or above) the level they want to compete at.
Please note that if the higher level rider has to retire during the POR, the level 1 rider must also retire from the POR. They may, however, ride both MA and PTV phases non-competitively, ie HC (“hor concours”).
Riders who qualify using the criteria given at 3, 4 or 5 will be able to enter from 12th July 2021.
Our aim is to allow as many riders as possible to compete at the National Championships, taking into account that very few competitions were held in 2020, but without compromising safety on the orienteering section.
TREC GB National Championships 2021
Photography provided by Jonathan Cundy [TREC GB National Championships Photographs – TREC GB]