Covid-19 Update – 3rd April 2020

TREC GB has reluctantly made the decision to postpone the ‘Grassroots’ and the National GB Championships until 2021 and announce that all events are now cancelled until further notice. However, TREC GB will continue to monitor the situation and will indicate as soon as practically possible when it anticipates events will be able to resume.

In coming to this decision, the TREC GB Board of Trustees has further considered the implications of the Covid-19 situation and the fact that a number of major sporting events, including the Olympics due to take place in July and August, have already been postponed or cancelled.

Additionally, there is a clear indication that the ‘lock down’ of the country in March could last for three to six months.

A further update regarding both championships will be issued after the next Trustees’ meeting on Tuesday 21st April when various relevant questions will have been considered.

Those who qualified for 2020 will automatically qualify for the 2021 championships.

Please stay safe.


Dave Rogerson,

Chair of