Following the success of our Spring Challenge, TREC GB are introducing a new Autumn Challenge which has been inspired by the Olympics and Paralympics, with a little help from the Pony Club Tetrathlon.
The Challenge will be over a shorter time period than the Spring Challenge – between Friday 22nd October and Sunday 7th November. This will allow for other commitments and to take advantage of the best weather opportunity.
The Challenge is FREE to TREC GB members; non-members can join the fun for an entry fee of £7.50.
How does it work?
You can choose a level which is comfortable for you or train to achieve something a little more difficult. And if you only wish to do one section, why not put together a ‘tag team’ to complete the Challenge between you?
Again, there are mounted and unmounted challenges, to allow everyone to take part.
- Based on a Triathlon / Tetrathlon format, pick a variation from three sections and a level from each which represents an achievable, but stretching challenge for you.
|Section||Options||Challenge Distance (km)|
- You can choose your own distances, but we will also give special awards for:
- ‘Sprint’ TRECathlon – 400m swim, 20km ride and 5km walk
- ‘Iron Maiden’ TRECathlon – 1,500m swim, 30km ride and 10km walk (Individual or teams)
- Then, for a bit of extra fun, why not add a bonus challenge? This can be anything related to any of the sections – or something completely different!
- Post your Challenges to the TREC GB Events Facebook page and start to prepare – let us know what you are planning and what ‘training’ you are doing.
Join us on our Facebook Group, introduce yourself and your horse, if you have one, and the challenge level you have selected. The Facebook Group is there to help you with motivation and encouragement towards your goals – your own support team from fellow Treccies!
As you progress through the challenges, keep a record of them on our Tracker sheet and, when completed, send it in to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everyone who completes the Challenge will receive a Certificate and those who complete the ‘Sprint’ or ‘Iron Maiden’ Challenge over a single day, will receive a commemorative rosette.
Do I need a horse?
No! Anybody can take part whether they ride/own a horse or not.
When does the Autumn Halloween TRECathlon Challenge run?
The Challenge will be over a shorter time period than the Spring Challenge – between Friday 22nd October and Sunday 7th November. Aim to complete your Challenge over 1 or 2 days between 22nd October and 7th November – and post the evidence of what you have achieved.